Wednesday, July 21, 2021

What the Fork?

I have made this card for a friend who needs a pick me up. Going through hard times is so not fun, but getting a fun card always makes me feel better!

Products used:
Distress Ink in cracked pistachio,  peacock feathers, and evergreen bough
Martha Stewart Butterfly punch
Random big butterfly die
Kindred Stamps WTF die
Ink Road Stamps Lint Licker Stamp Set
Neenah White Solar White Card Stock
Foiled card stock 
Iridescent sequins in 3 sizes
Glossy Accents 
Gina K Connect liquid glue

I actually tried a technique I just saw on the Jennifer McGuire Ink blog where you use die cuts from White cardstock to lift some color from an inked background.  I didn't like how mine turned out, need practice I guess, but since the die cut butterflies are symmetrical I was able to place the cuts on top of the spaces the technique makes and it looks awesome.

Below is my first attempt.  It was on low quality 110lb cardstock and just didn't look good at all!  The ink did not blend well, or even hold the color well, the white cardstock die cuts lifted well, but I just don't like the ink blending.  Too Splochy!

Trying it again really worked out well, especially since the 2nd one looked better, even if I didn't use it as I hoped to.  That's the fun of making cards, sometimes your vision doesn't play out, but what you end up with is just as if not more beautiful!

Have a great day and thanks for visiting!  Happy Crafting!

No comments: