Monday, September 6, 2021

You want some soup?

As a HUGE Star Wars Fan, been one since my Mom took me to see the first one at the ripe ole age of 4 in 1977, I was ecstatic about the Mandalorian Series on Disney+.  I was hooked on the first season, and delighted to show my son as well, and the 2nd season was even better!  Anyway, I just love Grogu!  He's the cutest!!!  So, when I found Ink Road Stamps and saw that they have the child in not 1 but 2 sets, I couldn't wait to order and use them.  She also has a sentiments set for Star Wars.  I had to have that one too.

Speaking of the Mandalorian, my favorite scene from season one was when Mando met Cara Dune, and they fought in the alley evenly matched, and at the height of it, the child walks out of the cafĂ© with some soup, and watches them.  Mando asks Cara "You want some soup" as the child takes a sip.  Just perfect!  AND, of course there's an image of the child and the soup cup in the stamp set.


Stamps "Baby on Board" Ink Road Stamps
Alphabet stamps for the soup title
AWESOME Star Wars paper from Sandy Lion
Copic markers for coloring
Washi tape

The copics on grogu's robe - E33 and E00 BOTH decided to run out of ink while coloring for these cards!  I use those 2 colors all the time, especially for skin tones and animal fur, and its perfect for this robe.

Since those colors ran out, I had to go to my stash of "cheep alcohol markers" (the black ones) my mom bought off of Wish I think.  They are a little more yellow than brown, but they still work.  I changed up the greens too by adding the other non-copic white markers above.  Those were found at Tuesday Morning, again by my mom.  She spoils me so!


Stamps "Holiday Baby"
Stamps "Droid Please" for the icons
Random paper from stash
Copic colors.
I believe the tree behind Grogu is a Tim Holtz Die

This is the one I did with the other colors.  Not bad!  He really stands out!
Just for the record, my mother bought all sorts of 6x6 paper pads, decided she didn't need them, and gave them to me.  What's funny is she always buys me one when she gets one, so now I have DOUBLE the 6x6 paper pads, mostly Christmas!!

Here's to my Mom for making this post possible!
My Mom and Dad in the wave pool in Fiesta Texas, July 2, 2021








No comments: