Thursday, August 5, 2010

Well, here we go!

So, today we go to the first orientation for the Adoption process!  I am so nervous and excited!  I really don't know what to expect!  I mean, I kinda have an idea, but does one really ever know whats going on?  The last few weeks I've been chatting with a friend who just adopted a little girl earlier this year.  It was an international adoption and it took two years, but she and her family are so happy!  Its nice to be able to talk about this with friends and they get just as excited about it as I am.

We are going today from 9:30 to 12:30 so it's a good long afternoon of questions being answered.  Open vs. Closed, how long does it take, have we gotten thru the first round of checks or are we still on the bubble, so many questions and concerns!  I went out last night and got a notebook and a binder and dividers so I can keep track of all our notes and stuff so I'll have it all in one place when I start a scrapbook! 

Now, my mother and mother-in-law are starting to get excited too!  But, they are asking the kinds of questions they ask...what names have you picked out and when do you get started on the room!  Wait, what?  But, that's what they do best, and thanks to them, and all our friends, we have a HUGE prayer circle going for us today, which is the best part of all this!  So many people want this to go well, so I'm thinking it will!

I'll be sure to post more later about the meeting!  Wish us well!

No comments: