Friday, November 21, 2014

Dean Is HOME!

So, after almost 4 months, 4 surgeries, 3 hospitals, terrible neglect, and even more terrible food, Dean came home around 3:00 pm on Thursday, November 20, 2014.

When he got home, it was surreal. I had been working on painting our bedroom and he had not seen it in person, only in pictures. I think a lot of emotions were going around because we both breathed a sigh of relief, and some happy tears.

Jake was at school the whole day.  I told him his Daddy was coming home and I think he thought he would get to wait for him at home.  He did NOT want to go to school on Thursday.  He started crying while at home and all the way there, and I had to leave him at school while he was still crying.  I HATE doing that, but this is the new normal and we must go with it.  When I picked him up at the end of the day he was perfectly fine, told me about how much fun he had during the day.  He was really excited to get home to see his Daddy.

And, when we got home, the boy never left his Daddy's side!  Even when we had dinner, he wanted to sit right next to him.  It was really great!  We all watched some Umi Zoomi, which he really loves watching with his daddy (Belly Belly Belly screen!).

I made us a delicious smoked turkey pot pie!  SO GOOD!  The smoked turkey really makes a great pot pie and makes the house smell like yummy smoked goodness!  It was nice to sit together and have a home cooked meal AT HOME.
Turkey Pot, Turkey Pot, Turkey Pot PIE!!!


Dean still has some healing to do, and we are all doing it together.  The experience at Kindred was completely horrible and will take some time for all of us to get over.  Now that he is home, some of our stories are quite unbelievable.  As we recall all he went through, it's almost more of a concept we cannot quite grasp.  I will tell you though, who I really feel for is all the people at Kindred that cannot speak up for themselves.  They are being mistreated and neglected and they are not able to say anything.  So, please say a quick prayer or send thoughts their way.

I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving, and I hope you have much to be thankful for.
We are very thankful Dean is home for the Holidays!

No comments: