Monday, May 20, 2013

Disney Cruise Day 3 - STILL at Sea!

AND, we are still at sea.  It is nice to be in one place for a couple of days, but I think starting off a cruise with 2 days at sea is a bit much for a young child.

We started off the day normally, nothing special.  we all slept in that day as we had a late night.  Jake didn't eat much for Breakfast, but that's not too odd when there's so much going on around us.  We walked around the ship for a little it, did some souvenir shopping, and enjoyed lunch with Nonnie and Papa.  It was really quite choppy and we could feel the boat move quite a bit.

We saw this cool sailor hat at the shop, thought he would NEVER wear it but Jake kept it on in the store and all day!  He even wore it to dinner!  AWESOME!

After a rough try but success at taking a nap, I tried to get him up to go enjoy "Pirate crafts" but he was just too groggy and didn't look like he felt well.  So, we found all the grandparents, and sat up on the deck for a bit.  Then, Jake started coughing and I asked for a towel, I knew what was coming.  We think the choppy waters were getting to him and he did throw up.
NOT a happy sailor!!

We went back to the room to rest and clean up, and get ready for the evening at Parrot Cay for dinner.  He seemed to be just fine, for a little bit...

But, then he wouldn't eat his spaghetti, so I started to get concerned.  Then, I saw the look again.  Grabbed him and ran for the nearest bathroom.  I think up to 4 mothers were helping me get to the bathroom, and one shouted to get him some sea sickness meds at the gift shop.  It is nice to get help, even if it's just a little bit!  So, needless to say, we went to the shop (did you know you can give Dramamine to a 2 yr old?) and took some "vitamins" :) and headed back to the room before my meal came.  Sad to see that happen, but it's best if I take care of my boy.  However, Dean had the wait staff bring my yummy pork chop dinner to me in the room!  AWESOME!!! After Dinner, my mother watched Jake while Dean, Daddy, Michelle and I went out on "the town" so to speak.  We got to enjoy Beat Street, and have some Yummy Chocolate Martini's!  That was fun!

We get to set foot on LAND the next day!  Whew!  Long 2 1/2 days at sea!

No comments: